Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I'm a Slacker, I know!

So, I've haven't blogged all summer. It's been super busy and we went everywhere. I did manage to post pictures on facebook though. So, what did we do all summer long. First, the kids didn't get out of school until the 10th of June. On the 21st, I drove them down to Virgina for a week at EFY at Southern Virginia University. Syd wasn't too crazy about EFY this year,(crappy counselor) but Nick had a great time.



















While the kids were at EFY, Maddie and I went to Charlotesville and went to Monticello, the Michie Tavern, and James Monroe's house. We stayed a couple of days and then we went home. Steve drove back down to pick up the kids.















Two days after the kids came home, from EFY, Nick went off to scout camp for a week. I don't have pictures because Nick refuses to take a camera with him. It was farther away this year and we didn't go visit. Nick came home on the 4th of July, and they had a few weeks off and then it was off to Trek. This is the first year our stake has done this. We headed off to Virginia, again. Sydney told as after Trek, that she has had her fill of Virginia. Both kids loved Trek and it was super stormy and they got completely soaked, there wasn't a lot of food, it was buggy, and they were exhausted, but they loved it. Syd said the hardest part was the women's pull. They had 6 girls in each family and the carts with all the stuff weighed around 500-600 lbs. They did it! While the kids were at Trek, we took Maddie to Mount Vernon, and putted around Virginia. We forgot the camera, which is why there aren't any pictures of us. If you want to see all the pictures from Trek, look up Pittsburgh North Stake Youth on facebook.
















We drove home from Trek on Saturday the 25th of July, I got everything washed and ready to go to Utah on the 30th of July. We spent 3 weeks in Utah, I went to my 20 year high school reunion, went to my old neighborhood reunion, we celebrated Steve's dad's 80th birthday, we went hiking a lot, we went ATVing. We really had a great time.

We came home from Utah and had 2 weeks left of summer before school started. The summer seemed to fly by, but it was a great summer. I hope to start blogging more often because life just doesn't slow down, which sometimes, it isn't a bad thing. =]

2 comments:

The Pecks said...

It's good to see you back!! When Nathan went on high adventure he dropped his camera in the water the first day....so no pics. from that. It sounds like you had a busy and fun summer!!
Lori

Maureen said...

Im tired just reading about your summer..what fun..Josh braved scout camp and the Trek too..Is summer really "summer vacation"? sometimes with all we do, it just feels like work mixed with fun!