
This is Sydney with her counselor(middle) and her roomate, Jessica. She said her counselor was great. So, after Sydney came home on the 19th, we got Nick ready for scout camp. He decided to go with our neighbor(Matt) because our ward went over the 4th and he wasn't jazzed about going with them. So he left the next day on the 20th. Last night Steve and I drove with our neighbors to the camp for parents night. It was a 2 hour drive, and we weren't sure what we would find. I had been watching the weather at camp all week. They have been hit with one severe thunderstorm after another. We found a mud pit when we got there. 


Needless to say, they were very muddy. Nick had his shoes off and together they looked like Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn. Nick would be Huck Finn, especially with his long curls. They said they had been having fun except for the rain. The first night there, they spent almost 2 hours in the showers to stay safe from the severe thunderstorms. I'm glad to say that today there has not been any rain and there isn't any expected for tomorrow. I'm sure they'll have a better time. They will be home on Saturday with mud, grime and anything else they can cram in their bags.
So, where has July gone? I'm not sure but it has flown by pretty quickly. I hope August seems longer. Before you know it, we will be preparing to go back to school. Also, we'd like to wish all our family in Utah, a happy pioneer day. It's just another day for us out here in Pennsylvania. Stay cool and enjoy the fireworks!

0 comments:
Post a Comment