Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!!

It's Halloween and the ghosts and goblins have finished visiting our house this evening. It was a gorgeous day in Pittsburgh. It was 62 degrees. It's hard to believe it snowed two days ago. So it was a lovely night for trick or treating and we had around 100 kids come by. It's kind of sad that Halloween is over, now it seems as if there is a rush to the end of the year. I hate to say it but the holiday season seems to fly by after Halloween. I hope everyone out there is having a fun Halloween. We wish a speedy recovery to Earl and Donna. For those who don't know, Donna had surgery on kidney stones today and Earl's appendix ruptured this morning. Not a great Halloween day for them. We wish them well and will definitely keep them in our prayers. On a happier note, here are a few pictures from Halloween! Yes, I have been carving pumpkins half the day. I did five this year. The one of the tree took me two hours. I don't think I will ever do that one again unless it's on a fake pumpkin. Sydney and I found a dragon costume for Haylie today which went with Maddie's princess outfit. Nick dressed like a zombie with a hoodie on. It wasn't a great picture and he took off before any picture. He just wanted to roam the neighborhood with his friends. He didn't really trick or treat much.
The last one we decided to call Edward and Bella. It was kind of plain but I had a big thick pumpkin and didn't want to do anything difficult. I had just finished the tree up above. The pumpkin below has a girl laying back with a vampire biting her neck. It just seems cooler if it's named after Edward. I love Edward! Yah for the Twilight movie!



2 comments:

Maureen said...

Very cool pumpkins, good job, I love Edward to and in honor of him I wore my "bite Me" shirt..Happy Halloween

Kathy said...

Those are great pumpkins. They are always more work then you remember . Kinda like child birth. You think you wont do it again, but next year that perfect pumpkin will be sitting there and you think this will be alot of fun.
See you tomorrow,
Kathy