What a whirlwind of a day it has been. Today is Madeline's 8th birthday. This is doubly special because she was baptized today. She was very excited and has waited for this day for a long time. She woke up really early because she was so excited. So much for the sleeping in. Turning back the clocks messed everyone up. I couldn't sleep in at all. Oh well, we started the day off by making more cookies for the baptism. I stayed up really late making cupcakes and more cookies. So, at 700, Maddie asked to get up. Why not? Church was kind of a blur because I kept thinking of things I may have forgotten to do. We had a couple of problems but it turned out great.
Maddie's Baptism was scheduled for 130, just after church. She was able to be baptized in a little dress that our Relief Society president was baptized in. She was nice enough to let us use it, along with all the other little girls this year. Her little girl is Maddie's age and was baptized in June. Sydney and Nick were the speakers at her baptism. She was not going to back down when they asked if someone else could speak. (Another reason we were up late) So they relented and prepared their talks last night. They did a good job. We showed a slideshow of Marc Mabry's, who is a photographer in Mesa Arizona who does the life of Christ in pictures. His link is here on my site if you want to see the slideshow. It is very moving. She really did have a great day.Zach and Kathy were kind enough to drive over and come for her baptism. Steve's parents also came and even Uncle Jim came to the baptism. We then convened at the house for dinner and birthday cake. Maddie received a lot of great presents. She finally received her own scriptures with her name on them. They weigh almost as much as she does but they work. She won't have to strain her eyes to see them. The Pecks gave her a warm snuggly blanket with a warm snuggly monkey to cuddle. Thanks again guys, you really didn't have to bring anything, especially after driving so far. After she opened presents, we had cake and ice cream. It was nice to have relatives actually sing the Swedish birthday song. Sorry Henries and Larsens, you guys try really hard but your Swedish is just not there yet. We love you for trying each time though.
So now that I've babbled on, here are some photos of the day. It's been a busy one and I'm bushed. We wish all of you could have joined us on this special day. But luckily, we had some family here to represent all of you who could not come. We are so happy for Maddie and we love her very much. It's so surprising how fast your kids grow. 







Ty really liked our Haylie. She was happy to have someone to love her! Like she doesn't get loved every day by Miss Mads.
4 comments:
Thanks so much for having us for Maddie's special day. Nick & Sydney's talks were inspirational. We had so much fun hanging out with you guys. Loved the house. You can really feel the love you guys have there. Hope to see you sooner then later. Luv, Kathy
So fun! Glad you had family there and so neat Zach and Kathy live close enough to visit now and then! Friends are wonderful and some are like family but still family just makes life complete! Maddy you looked beautiful!
What a beautiful baptismal girl. Happy 8th princess. I sure wish I could be there but Uncle Earl is in the hospital and not feeling great. Love you
Aunt Lori
I'm so glad we could be there! I'm sorry we had to run (literally) out right afterwards. Nick and Hydney's talks were great and I loved that they were directed towards Maddie. Hyd even called her "Mads" in her talk and she made me get all misty!
Post a Comment