For the first time ever, I decided to go out on Black Friday early in the morning. I decided last night I would try to go. If I got what I wanted, great, if not, oh well. I wake up with Sydney every day about 5 for seminary anyway. So, I went to bed early and got up around 4. I wanted to make it to target at 5. I drove in the parking lot and it was packed from Kohls, who did open at 4. CRAZY! So, I noticed there was a line of about 30 people outside Target. Great, it wasn't too long. I grabbed my ad and headed into line. It was about 10 to 5 about this time. I started to glance at my ad and realized they didn't open until 6. Yes, I did opt to stay in line for an hour. I didn't have anything else to do and really didn't want to go to Kohl's. So I chatted with the guy behind me who had been to Kohls, Walmart, and was now waiting for Target. He says he does this every year with his wife for the fun of it. They never go for a do or die item. I think if I had been with some family having a good laugh, it might have been fun. The guy was really nice though. Six o'clock came and we entered. I went in, grabbed what I came for and was out of there before half of the line had even been let into the store. There were about 300 people in line by the time the store opened. Crazy people I tell you, crazy, crazy people. There wasn't shoving or anything. People were quite civil. I then headed to a couple of other stores. One of which, I stood in line again. What was I thinking? So, by 8 o'clock, I was back home and no one else was up. I did manage to catch a nap. Sydney wanted to experience a little of the craziness, so at 11 o'clock, we headed to Kohls. There were still some good deals going on and still enough crazy people out for her to see. Now it's 2 in the afternoon and we are all laying around deciding if we are going to put up the tree. I just need to get some energy. I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving! We had a quiet dinner with just the five of us. We sure wish we lived closer to the whole family. I miss getting together with all the Pecks and my family like we used to. But alas, we don't. We still had a nice dinner and played a game. Happy Holidays and stay indoors today. There are too many crazy people out there! I think I'll stay in next year.
Friday, November 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I usually have my partner in crime Amanda to go shopping with. So my wonderful huband went with me this morning. Had the same experience. Went to Wal-Mart for 1 thing. got it and left pretty quickly,but there were so many people waiting for things. Hit a few stores and thought we would make a quick run into Kohl's. People were in line all the way around the store just to check out. Crazy, Crazy. Nothing was worth the savings to stand in line that long. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. We will have to start Peck/Arvanitas Thanksgiving dinner. Hope to see you soon.
This is the first year in many that I didn't get up in the wee hours of the morning to do black friday, This year I went with the sisterinlaws and motherinlaw to a fancy dancy seafood restaurant where in the bathroom you got your own mini suite with a sink and mirror in each stale. Pretty cool. Then went to some fun boutique stores where I spent way to much money on stuff I really didn't need, but had oh so much fun buying, I will be back to shopping early next year Im sure. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving, and glad you got your nap!
Post a Comment