Sunday, December 21, 2008

WINTER HAS HIT PITTSBURGH!!!!

I haven't written for a long time, not that things haven't happened, I've just been really busy. So today is the official first day of winter and it is definitely here in our little part of the world. Tonight we went out to someone's for dessert and when we stepped out, WHOA MAMA! It has been sunny today but the wind has made it cold. We all huddled to the car and wondered what the temperature was this evening. It was a balmy 10 degrees with a wind chill of -10 degrees. This is January weather, not December weather. I know it's the first day of winter but this is ridiculous. School is on a two hour delay because the district won't have the kids standing outside with such cold wind. The temperature is supposed to drop to 3 degrees tonight and stay windy. That will put the windchill at "HOLY COW! IT'S COLD!". So all of you that are basking in your 50 degrees and complaining about it, I will trade you places. I would love to post pictures of all of us today in our Sunday Christmas attire, but it was too cold to take pics outside and it was an extremely busy day for me. We'll try and gussy up again this week sometime. So be safe all of you and stay warm this winter. Remember don't stick your tongue on a metal pole, it WILL freeze there. :P

2 comments:

dpeck said...

Missed seeing your blog updated. I just thought it was cold here, but you've got the cold in spades for sure. Zach gave Dyann the same kind of report last night. Brrr. Hang in enjoy. (easy for me to say) - Love - Uncle Darrell

Maureen said...

BURRRRRRRRRRRRR! I always wish for snow in December, but with snow comes cold and it is 45 degrees today, the fog has lifted and I think I see sun! So yes I will feel sorry for you, but still wish it would be a little colder here. Stay inside in your PJs (you could come to my PJ party tomorrow) hurry so you will make it here on time. That would be fun. Take care and Merry Christmas, glad your back to the blogging world.