Friday, November 21, 2008

DON'T CANCEL "PUSHING DAISIES"!!!!!


So, I woke this morning and stumbled downstairs. I was really hoping for a 2 hour delay. We were supposed to get all this snow last night. There wasn't a flake on the street. Bummer! But, I headed to the computer to check email and such while I wait for the kids to come down for school.
I was not pleased to read on my home page that abc has decided to cancel the show "Pushing Daisies". I was so saddened. I love this show, as does Sydney. It's just quirky and cute and not like anything else on t.v. right now. This is only the 2nd season. I felt like a child who had just had a favorite toy taken away. I just thought I would let everyone know of my sadness and loss this morning. As Sydney came downstairs looking for pants for school, I told her of the bad news. She says, "Wow, that was a random thing to say." Then, she went back upstairs. I was stunned. I thought that she would be mad, sad, something more than what I got. About 15 minutes later, she comes down looking for something else and says, "I can't believe they're cancelling my show. Can we boycott or petition? I'm really sad and abc are bums." I say, " I thought it was such a random thing to say. " She replys, "Well, I wasn't really listening and it didn't sink in until I got upstairs. I'm really sad, that's my favorite show. Why are they cancelling it?" THERE was the response I was expecting. So, this morning did not start out so well and we were all happy because today is Twilight day. But, time will go on and there will be other shows and other cancellations. So, don't worry about us, we will be fine. But long live the pie maker and Chuck and all the quirky people who visit The Pie Hole!!!

5 comments:

Maureen said...

I watched that show a few times before they took it off for awhile and I really liked it too, I think it was before the writers strike! Then I just never knew when it was on, But I hate when they cancel shows you grow to love, you do take it personal. So I will be sad for you today. I really like Ugly Betty but lately they've been crossing a few lines so Im hoping they clean some things up because it is fun and wacky too! Long Live Our favorite Shows!! YEA TWLIGHT, Tomorrow night for us, Hope you get to see it sooner..

Kathy said...

I have only seen a few bits of the show. Sorry for your loss. It's hard loosing something we love. Hopefully you will find another show to fill the void. Hope we can get to together soon.

Klint said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Klint said...

I agree. I also like this show because it is so different then anything out there. They did cancel it after season one but they must have been bombared from upset fans because they did the second season. Nothing to clean seems to last on TV, Sad.

Klint said...

--too Clean-- Sorry I should read before I post.