This year, we did something a little different for Valentine's Day. Steve and Nick went to Utah for a wedding and so it was a house full of girls. We decided to give some nice friends of ours a break and watch their girls while they went out. They are all around Maddie's age or close to it so it was a little princess Valentine's Party. We decked out the dining room with balloons, christmas lights, confetti, flowers, hearts and lovely folded napkins(Thanks to Syd). We hung up lace curtains to block out the other rooms. It was our own little magical fairy room. We made homemade pizzas with heart shaped pepperoni and mozerella cheese.(Thanks to some hard pressing of cookie cutters) We made chocolate covered pretzels and watched a movie. Of course there was a lot of dress up. For dessert we had heart shaped brownies with ice cream and raspberries. Yum! It was a lot of fun and the girls seemed to have a good time. They all got a long great and we just might do it again. Maybe on another holiday. Mmmmmm! That makes me what we could turn the dining room into next? .JPG)

.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
Doesn't this dessert look professional? See what little heart shaped foil containers can do? And yes, that is my wedding cake topper as our centerpiece. It was a heart and it's the right colors.
7 comments:
What a cute idea! It looks like they all had a fun time. It was nice seeing Steve again, and getting to meet Nick. He did a great job on the Italian Ice! The reception was beautiful.
Wow how creative and fun. Are you related to Maureen? - Fantastic and thanks for sharing. - Uncle Darrell
You ARE related to me, because we love to have FUN! YEA! What a fun party! The only bummer is I wasn't there to wear my crown and pink tutu, I have one you know! okay maybe not the tutu. Thanks for sharing the fun ideas! The brownies look so yummy!
I'm glad to be related to Maureen. I think she is the best party planner ever. I wished we lived nearer to each other. It was fun but I was tired by the end of the night. I didn't do a lot of sitting throughout the night. Sydney was extremely helpful too.
OK, YOU ARE SO AWESOME!!! My girls loved loved loved that night! I don't know if they've ever felt that special or had that much fun.
Thank you so much for spoiling my girls and for making that day so wonderful for them. I love you!
Ok, got to go before I start to cry!
You are the COOLEST Kristy!!!
what a fun party - I want an invite for next year!
Ang
Post a Comment