Today, the kids had a day off from school because of Teacher Inservice. It was a little chillier today than it's been before. You can tell that Fall is in the air. I knew the kids wouldn't want to be couped up all day. A couple of days ago, I went searching on the internet for Apple Picking Farms around here. I found one about 45 minutes away. So, this morning we set off to go and pick some apples. The kids weren't terribly excited, except for Maddie. She had a big apple celebration in school yesterday because today is Johnny Appleseed's birthday. In honor of good ole Johnny, we were off. It was a nice drive and the farm was really easy to find.



Mmmm! Sydney loves apples!


Maddie wanted to show how big and juicy these apples are.
This is Sydney's and Maddie's tribute to the Twilight books! They even shined their apples up.
The farm also had a petting zoo. The only animals in there were goats and sheep. I bought a few cups of seeds and the goats swarmed and jumped all over us as soon as we went in the gates. The little ones weren't too bad but the big ones got Sydney yucky. She ended up throwing her seeds on the ground.
Maddie tried holding it over her head, which worked for the little ones but the big one tried jumping up and luckily didn't knock her over.
One of the smaller ones got a little friendly. This looks cute until you realize there was probably poop on the hooves. Ewwwww! 
1 comments:
What a fun way to welcome Fall..I really want to do that this year. There is a place called Apple Hill about 45 min. from us, they have several farms with different things to pick..Im dying to go pick pumpkins too..Looks like you had fun, nothings better then fruit off the tree..
Post a Comment