Thursday, September 4, 2008

THEY WENT BACK!!!

So yesterday was the first day of school. We started late because the Board was trying to make up for the whole strike ordeal. Needless to say, the summer seemed as if it was only 2 weeks long. It really flew by. The night before was a little rough. Everyone seemed to be suffering first day jitters. So morning time brought grogginess, grumpiness and many tired eyes. 6 am is so awful early to rise. I will never be a volunteer morning person. But, without any major delays or problems, they all got off okay. I asked each child how they liked school when they came home. Syd said it was fine. Nick said he was bored. Maddie said she loved it and she loves her teacher so much, she didn't want to come home. Maddie has the same 2nd grade teacher as Nick did. Nick really liked her too and still thinks of her as one of his best teachers. All in all, it was a great day. I had first day cookies for all the kids at our bus stop when they came home. It has become a tradition. I used to bake them. Now I run and get smiley cookies from Eat N' Park.

Nick never wants his picture taken, so this is the best I could get.

Sydney is not sure she wants to go to school. She looks a little unsure and we stood a long time waiting for the bus. The sun was just starting to come up. Maddie was ready to go. She had to put on a jacket because it was 53 degrees outside. So, you can't see her cute little apple shirt. She had a whole apple theme going on. We got this cute outfit at Gymboree with Angel. Miss you Ang. Don't you just love her lunch box and backpack. Her lunchbox looks like a purse. We bought these separate and they matched perfectly. They are pink and brown if you can't tell. She was stylin. These are a few of the kids that Maddie rides with. There are more but they wouldn't squish into the picture. Now that I'm home alone again. I really need to get all the projects I wanted done over the summer finished. I have no excuses now except I still need to get into the whole waking up early and having energy in the day. It will come with time, until Seminary starts. AHHHH!

0 comments: