Sunday, June 1, 2008

Isn't It Romantic?

I don't know about you, but I think an arbor and a gazebo seems romantic. It seems dumb, but that's how I feel. Last weekend, Steve and I shoveled yards and yards of mulch to make our gardens look halfway decent again. Then Steve took time off this past week to build a new arbor. Thanks to an ice storm and strong winds, our old arbor bit the dust, literally. It had rotted and blew down. So, our neighbor had a ton of wood that he wanted to get rid of, and Steve was more than happy to take it off his hands. We ended up having enough to build two arbors. We put one back where the original arbor fell and another between our neighbors yard and ours further into our back yard. I thought I would share all of Steve's hard work and our gardens in the back. We had to get pictures before they start looking shabby again. It would be great for a wedding, but alas, we don't have anyone who is getting married.
The side of the lattice still needs to be painted. You can
kind of see the other arbor in the middle of this one.


The swingset in the back is our neighbors.


This is looking into our deep backyard from the neighbors.

1 comments:

Kendra said...

hey, if I lived there, I would definitely want to have my reception in your yard. But alas, my mother would never let me. Plus, everyone I know lives in Utah, not Pennsylvania. Sorry Kristy!!